Today is the first day being back in Chiang Mai after being away in Taiwan since 20 December 2013.
Here are the photos I posted on Facebook. Still posting more slowly! 🙂
- It’s Monday and Emma went off to school excited about giving her 25 friends sticker cards she personally selected for them while in Taipei!
- She was excited to wear the socks her Kim Bah (grand-aunt on Jack’s Mum’s side) bought for her in Taipei.
- Last night when we went out to dinner she insisted that she will only eat wonton soup in Taiwan. No more wonton soups in Thailand. Seriously? Yes, for now, she is serious about this whole wonton thing.
- She misses her mae-mae and thee-thee (little sister and little brother, cousins). She considers her arms being sore from giving thee- thee a piggy back ride a souvenir from the trip to Taiwan from thee thee. I think that’s a great way to look at it Emma!
My daily joy today: As I type this post back in Chiang Mai, reflecting on our time in Taiwan.
- I’m sitting at the kitchen table in our tiny 55sqm/592sqft Chiang Mai home. l have a home, tiny it maybe, but I’m content here with everything I need, and I’m grateful for it.
- Listening to beautiful melodies (I wish you could hear them too, it’s so very calming) we brought back from Taiwan, thanks to Jack’s cousins in Gangshan. There’s a ton of music. Just opened the CDs we got, and wow! Thank you, cousins!
- Enjoying the wonderful taste of Taiwanese green tea pineapple cake we discovered by test-tasting (or is it taste-testing) at a nearby bakery in Taipei on our way to another popular pineapple cake bakery. The pineapple cake accompanied by tasty Taiwanese tea, of course.
- And for all that , today, I am grateful!
So simple yet joyful. It’s just a pineapple cake and some music, some might say. They are collectible moments for me. There are so many in our lives.
Have a great day everyone. Be sure to find collectible moments in your everyday life.
Find Joy in the Ordinary!
Cheers from the three of us!
We Say NO to the Status Quo.
Live Small. Live Green. Give Large. Take Little.
Take Notice. Take Action.