I was experimenting in the kitchen while we were back in Texas not too long ago. Didn’t want ranch and didn’t want to go out and buy new bottle for something else, I looked in the fridge to see what I’ve got to make my own dressing.
Here’s what I came up with and it’s quite yummy! Remember, I don’t use exact measurements. I eye-ball all my ingredients and measurements.
Hopefully, you will experiment along with me.
- Fruit jam
- Wine or Rice Vinegar if you have it, regular vinegar works too
- Water (to dilute the vinegar and the jam)
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Splashes of fresh lime
- Garlic (if you can get the juice, that’s even better, otherwise, dice very small)
- Ginger (use juice only, unless you want tiny chunks of ginger in the sauce)
- Salt only if needed after adding soy sauce
This is what I used!
I added this dressing to a salad that I made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, cubed apples and mangoes (I’d also add cucumbers, carrots and sweet peppers if I had them)
Now your turn. Go experiment and let me know how it tuned out.