Well, it’s about time! Err, I meant, Happy New Year!
We’ve been living in the future, so to speak, awaiting for 2010 ever since we made the decision to relocate to Thailand beginning summer of 2010. Now that we’re in the new calendar, it feels more REAL o us than “yesterday!” We’ve moved before, but not internationally (not counting moves to U.S. when we were young, when our parents took care of all the details).
So, here’s our evolving “BHAG” (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) To Do list for 2010:
- Register Emma for her new international school.
- Finalize with my college to teach online while overseas.
- Foster contacts in Thailand for future service projects.
- Sort things we’ll take, toss, store, or recycle. Our Ebay account is going to get busy!
- Gather clothing and other items for donation, most likely to Houston area Burmese refugees.
- Learn photography, from step 1. We bought our first DSLR, let’s see how we’ll put it to good use…
- Put our town house on the market.
- Sell both cars in early summer.
- Find a place to live in Thailand.
- Lastly, make more time to contribute to our family blog. My wife, Aye, has done a great job running our blog, and I want to play a greater supportive role, and to show y’all I do more than just drive us around! 🙂
Well, I”m looking forward to sharing with you our adventure for 2010! Feel free to leave comments along the way, including suggestions & advice from your experiences as well.